Marsha chose this month’s theme, Flowers. You may have seen my “flower wall” photos before – I make these flowers using a method called frit casting, and have posted about it over on the AE blog previously. Here are some photos in case you haven’t seen them.
These past two months have been so hot here, and I am finding myself less and less tolerant of heat the older I get, so it was a perfect time to use my kiln for frit casting. I don’t have to sit in front of a hot torch or kiln, all my work for frit casting is on the front end! I got busy making more flowers. I plan on selling them at a market close to my house, if I ever get finished with the prep work. Here are some photos of my recent makes.
I also had an idea to make a wall decoration using some “pride flowers” I made. The idea is to get some reclaimed wood, attach the flower and attach a hanging chain. That part didn’t get finished before the deadline, but I’ll post photos when I get it done.
Here are more pride flowers. I was thinking they would make a good wall hanging as well, but I’m also just considering listing them for sale or taking them to the market this way and offering them individually. We’ll see…. If anyone is interested, the flowers are $40 each and would be shipped priority due to their fragile nature.
I also have some more random experimental flowers I made. It’s hard to make “experimental” things because these flowers use SO MUCH FRIT! It feels like a waste if it comes out of the kiln and I don’t like it. I have to remember that just because I don’t like it, doesn’t mean someone else won’t. So here are the remaining flowers.
I hope you enjoyed my flowers. I had really hoped to get the major project done, but just couldn’t get to it in time. Hopefully soon and them I’ll post it. Thanks Marsha for a great theme! Thanks for stopping by! As this is a blog hop, you can see what everyone else made by following their links below!