Some of you may have seen ornament hangers and said, I can do that! Some of you may have seen them and said, How do I do that? This tutorial is for you. This is for a simple ornament hanger you can make all by yourself with a few tools and wire!
Round Nose Pliers
Wrap-N-Tap pliers (large)
18 gauge silver-filled or silver-plated wire
2. Using the round nose pliers, place your wire 1/3 of the way down the plier and make a loop. If you are making lots of hangers, you may want to use a sharpie to mark the place where you want to wrap the wire if you want them all uniform in size.
3. Finish the loop all the way.
4. Place the loop in the Wrap-N-Tap plier on the first round. If you want larger loops for your hanger, you should cut a larger piece of wire. Make sure the loop is secure in the plier and in the direction you want it to go!
6. Using the bottom 1/3 of your round-nose pliers, make another loop, which will be bigger than the first loop.
7. Finish shaping if you need to. At this point, you can work harden with a mallet and bench block if you like. I prefer to tumble mine because in addition to hardening the silver, it makes it all nice and shiny!!!!
I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial!
And now for a surprise! Use coupon code Turkey in my SueBeads etsy store today (Thanksgiving Day) and Black Friday all day for free shipping! And watch for a great happening with Lori Anderson’s blog on Saturday!!! Shopping and winning excitement for all!